Your children’s primary teeth are crucial to their development. As a parent, you need to make sure that they retain these teeth and maintain its optimum health as long as possible. However, like most children, oral health issues can come in the way. Tooth decay is the number one dental problem that affects the health […]
Category: Leading Dentists Salt Lake City | Cosmetic Dentistry Services & More
Salt Lake City Dental Services
Dr. Gregory Perkins and his accommodating professional staff is committed to helping you improve your dental health. Dr. Perkins is among the dentists Salt Lake City residents can count on for superior dental care at a reasonable price.
We perform a wide range of dental procedures with precise care and skill. Whether you need a thorough dental cleaning or a new set of dentures, we are here to help. The procedures we offer include:
- Bonding – Bonding improves the color and appearance of your teeth. It involves applying a composite resin material that matches your tooth’s natural color and bonding it with the surface of your tooth. This procedure can be used when repairing tooth damage and correcting the alignment of your teeth.
- Filling – This procedure repairs the damage caused by decay and prevents further tooth degradation. It is done by removing decayed tooth material, cleaning the affected area, and filling the remaining cavity with gold, plastic, porcelain, or amalgam. The material used as the filling depends on the extent of the repair needed.
- Crowns – A crown or “cap” restores tooth function by encasing the remaining structure of the damaged tooth in a protective covering. This can be used to cover a space where there is little tooth structure left. Crowns serve several functions, including hiding discoloration and protecting or restoring fractured teeth.
- Bridges – Bridging is a method that fills the gap created by one or more missing teeth. Most dental bridges involve an artificial tooth that is held together by two dental crowns. They are then cemented to the natural teeth next to the gap to ensure stability.
- Tooth Extraction – This procedure is done to remove severely decayed, infected, or impacted teeth. We also perform wisdom tooth extraction when required.
- Dentures – Dentures are removable devices that are custom-made to replace missing teeth. Both full and partial dentures are available. They are designed to resemble natural teeth and restore mouth function.
Dr. Gregory Perkins is one of the dentists Salt Lake City patients can turn to for advanced dental health care. Give us a call at 801-255-4870 to learn more about our services!
X-rays are a focused beam of x-ray particles passed through bone which produce an image on special film, showing the structure through which it passed. This provides the familiar black and white images doctors and dentists use to diagnose problems and disease. Without an x-ray of the whole tooth and supporting bone and gum tissues, […]
Custom designed mouthguards and nightguards are made of flexible plastic and molded to fit the shape of your teeth. Mouthguards are recommended to protect the jaw and teeth during physical activity and sports such as boxing, football, basketball, or other activities where your mouth may be hit. Guards also protect the soft tissues of your tongue, […]
Root canal treatment (also referred to as root canal therapy or endodontic therapy) is made necessary when an untreated cavity reaches all the way to this pulp. Treatment may also be needed when deep restorations or trauma to a tooth cause nerve damage. Once the pulp becomes infected, it can begin to eat away at the surrounding bone […]
Wisdom teeth are the last molars or “third molars” that develop on each side of the jaws. Wisdom teeth usually emerge in the back of the mouth between the ages of 16-20. Wisdom teeth are a valuable asset to the mouth when they are healthy and properly positioned. Often, however, problems develop that require their […]
Good oral hygiene should always be practiced since the loss of a single tooth can have major impact upon your oral health and appearance. Although dentists will use every measure to prevent tooth loss, there are still sometimes necessary occasions when a tooth may need to be extracted. A tooth may need to be extracted […]
Crowns and bridges are used to restore and enhance teeth that are damaged or to take the place of missing teeth. A crown (also referred to as a cap) is used to entirely cover a damaged tooth. A crown not only strengthens a tooth, but it can dramatically improve a tooth’s appearance, shape and alignment. Crowns […]
A filling is a way to restore a tooth damaged by decay back to its normal function and shape. If you have a tooth that requires a filling, the dentist will first remove the decayed tooth material, clean the affected area, and then fill the cleaned out cavity with a filling material. A filling helps […]
Sealants are used to fill narrow grooves in a tooth that cannot be adequately cleaned by brushing. In some cases, the tooth structure has fine grooves or pits which accumulate plaque, not because the person doesn’t brush, but because they’re too narrow to allow even one bristle into them. To avoid cavities developing over time, the […]